The 2021 Montana State Legislative session started this week. With a new administration that isn't aligned with our values on numerous issues, plentiful bills that attack the rights and liberties of Montanans, and the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic, this legislative session will test us.
Together with our partners, we're ready to face these challenges head-on. Our list of priorities this session includes:
• Reforming our harmful, unfair, and wealth-based criminal legal system.
• Supporting Indigenous people and communities as they work to uphold their sovereignty, dignity, and autonomy.
• Protecting the dignity and equality of LGBTQ Montanans, including trans and non-binary youth.
• Protecting reproductive freedom in Montana.
• Ensuring our communities are welcoming and safe for immigrants.
• Protecting all Montanans' right to vote in a safe and accessible manner.
Stay informed and be ready to act: Sign up for our emails (front and center on this page) to receive updates and action alerts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram so you stay up to speed. Our website will let you know more bills that we support or oppose. Check it out.
We are grateful to our partners in this work and for you, Montanans who want to ensure civil rights and civil liberties for all! This session will be a tough one. Your voice and your engagement make a difference! Thank you.