The American Civil Liberties Union of Montana (ACLU of Montana) seeks an energetic and dynamic volunteer to assist with processing our intake requests. This is an incredible opportunity to collaborate with our legal department team in our Missoula office. The intake program handles requests for legal assistance from every corner of the state. On average we process 50-80 requests a month. Many of these requests come from currently incarcerated individuals who are experiencing difficulties with the conditions of their confinement.
The volunteer will perform the following tasks:
- Process written intake requests;
- Draft and mail response letters;
- Organize and maintain intake requests;
- Answer telephone inquiries.
Volunteer should have:
- Ability to complete tasks accurately in a busy environment while providing attention to detail;
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse group of individuals and to establish and maintain good working relationships;
- A commitment to diversity and respect for differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance;
- Deep commitment to and passion for the advancement of civil rights and liberties.
All submissions are treated confidentially. Submit a letter of interest and applicable experience (may submit a resume) to Krystel Pickens, Paralegal and Intake Coordinator, at email@example.com mail it to:
ACLU of Montana, Attn: Krystel Pickens
P.O. Box 9138, Missoula, MT 59807
Please put “Volunteer” in the subject line of your email or on your envelope.
ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.