For the 2023 Legislative Session, ACLU-MT has seen an onslaught of anti-transgender rights, anti-reproductive justice, and anti-Indigenous rights legislation. All of these bills have one thing in common – they are trying to control our bodies: what they are, what they should be, and how it should function. ACLU of Montana remains committed to stopping these harmful bills and protecting the right to privacy and bodily autonomy.
Learn more about how the Montana Legislature is structured and works here.
This year, we are tracking 14 individual issue areas in the Legislature. See below which issues members of our Advocacy & Policy Department are monitoring and how to contact them.
- Keegan Medrano, Director of Policy and Advocacy - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indigenous Justice, Voting Rights, LGBTQ Rights, Environmental Justice, Religious Freedom, Free Speech
- Maggie Bornstein, Legislative Session Lobbyist - email@example.com
- Criminal Legal Reform, Jail and Prison Conditions, Policing
- Robin Turner, Contract Lobbyist
- Immigration, Reproductive Justice, Death Penalty, Aid in dying, Privacy
- Sharen Kickingwoman, Organizing Associate Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indigenous Justice, Indian Child Welfare Act (Montana)